Probate is a court-supervised process for identifying and gathering assets of a deceased person (decedent), paying the decedent’s debts and distributing the decedent’s assets to his/her beneficiaries. At Gottlieb & Gottlieb, we handle probate cases throughout the state of Florida and work with out of state Personal Representatives, beneficiaries and relatives to settle Florida estates.
Probate administration only applies to probate assets. Probate assets are those assets that the decedent owned in his/her sole name or that are owned by the decedent and one of more co-owners and lacked a provision for automatic succession of ownership at the time of death.
We can assist you with the following:
- Formal probate administration — Estates involving more than $75,000.00
- Summary probate administration — Estates valued at $75,000.00 or below
- Ancillary probate administration — needed when a resident of another state dies owning real estate in Florida.
- Asset distribution
- Beneficiary rights under a will or trust
- Preparation of Federal and State estate tax returns
- Representation of Personal Representatives
- Representation of heirs and creditors
- Representing trustee in the administration of revocable and irrevocable trusts